To meet our clients’ needs in Austin senior care, Mom’s Best Friend offers a complimentary home assessment. After speaking to you, we send out our experienced Austin Administrator to meet with you at no charge. This helps both the agency and the client determine whether we are going to be the best fit to meet your loved one’s senior care needs. The main components of the assessment are:
- Observing the environment where the care is to take place, assessing your parent or loved one’s physical needs and mental conditions, and offering eldercare options that will meet your family’s desires and expectations
- Reviewing your parent’s current diet, exercise, and extracurricular activities (church, playing cards, senior center, etc.)
- Gathering information about personality, hobbies, and background (Our goal is for your parent to remain as independent and vivacious as possible, so we match your parent with a caregiver that will compliment their personality)
- Going over our caregiver screening process and how we facilitate ongoing supervision of our caregivers
- Discussing the costs and schedule for care (as needed, senior day care, 24-hour care, etc.), and complete paperwork (state and Mom’s Best Friend specific)
- Answering any final questions you might have
After the assessment, we will design an Individual Service Plan for your loved one to be carried out by our caregiver. We can place someone immediately following this!
Note: We can adjust this process if you are not in the same city/state/etc. as your loved one.
Contact us now to schedule your assessment or request more information.